Anyone who, like us at Fürstenberg, can look back at a 740-year history can probably tell you a thing or two about responsible and sustainable actions.
Over the centuries we Fürstenbergers have developed the art of ensuring continuity and farsightedness in the management of our brewery. We do it for the benefit of the people, for the environment and for a future that is worth living for the generations to come.
To us, sustainability means much more than simply protecting the environment.
It is a core element of how we manage our company and extends to everything we do.
We brew premium beer and make a point of providing quality at the highest level. Our quality standards are the opposite of the principles of mass production. We offer a superior product at a fair price.
Every one of our processes is clearly structured and defined. We are certified and adhere to a management system that meets the internationally recognized ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 50001 standards.
Sustainable Use of Production Resources
Water, hops and malt: Our brewery runs on nature. We use all of our resources, from the materials we use in our production to the energy that powers our brewery, as efficiently as possible. This allows us to actively contribute to reducing and preventing any negative impacts on the quality of our product or on our environment.
We produce very little waste and constantly strive to improve our recycling rate.
The Fürstenberg Brewery also undertakes to continuously improve its energy and environmental footprint.
Regional Materials and Partners Close By
We source most of our ingredients from southern Germany and seek out business partners and suppliers who are close to us. Regional value creation is both our goal and a principle by which we conduct our business.
Sustainable Human Resource Policies
We are a recognized training company and develop our expert personnel in-house. And many of them are happy to stay with us for many years: Decades of loyalty and commitment to the company are the norm here at Fürstenberg.
Beer is a widely available product and a part of our culture that we can't imagine living without.
We believe that the vast majority of people consume beer responsibly. This is why we are against any condemnation of beer in general.
We are committed to promoting the responsible consumption and handling of beer and take part in targeted measures to fight alcohol abuse. Our actions are guided by the following principles. We also make sure that our partners in retail and the food service follow these same principles.
1. We stand for enjoying beer responsibly. We promote the responsible consumption and handling of beer and educate consumers on the basic rules for enjoying beer responsibly.
2. We fight alcohol abuse. We actively fight against alcohol abuse by promoting prevention and education. We are open to partnering with civic and government groups that also fight alcohol abuse.
3. We are against drinking and driving. We call on everyone to say no to alcohol when driving.
4. We support the laws to protect minors. We support our retail and food service distribution partners in complying with laws that protect minors, especially those relating to enforcing the legal drinking age.
5. We advertise responsibly. We do not target minors with our beer ads. We do not use any advertising messages that primarily target minors and do not advertise on media that are primarily targeted towards minors. Our policies for advertising and all other brand communication directed towards consumers comply with the German Advertising Council's behavioral guidelines for commercial communication for alcoholic beverages.